Saturday, April 03, 2010

I don't care what you and your hunny bunny had for breakfast.

now, let me just start this off by saying that perhaps I might be the minority here. so if anything I say here offends you, then I apologize.

there's something that has been grating at my nerves for a while now. ever noticed girls spamming your facebook newsfeeds with blow by blow accounts of their daily lives? yes, I am specifically talking about girls. example:


"Just came back from pavilion. spent rm____ today on shopping. omg!"

uh yeah, seriously "omg!" now why would anyone care about that? what kind of response are they fishing for huh? there are even some who make it a point to update daily, without fail, even NUMBERING the days these status updates have been goin on. like "day 236" followed by the uninteresting status. seriously is this the effect of the celebrity culture? everyone thinks their mundane daily life is worth talking about. where they went, what they ate, how much it cost.... how long they spent on the toilet after that. 

"had such a bad dream last night. I can't get it out of my head, what if? :("
"should i?"
"HAIHZZZ"
"feeling so sad now =("

oy! what is this? either spit it out or don't bother with this wishy washy nonsense! once, twice, fine. don't keep doing it! there is a term for it. it's called VAGUEBOOKING. which bluntly means that you are looking for attention by putting a vague status, hoping someone will question you about it!

"FUCK! I can't access restaurant city!"

(-_-")

but you know, the thing that irks me most is the girls who go on and on and on about their "sayang","darling","dear". and before you say anything, no, I don't feel this way because i am single. because yknow, it's fine if it was every now and then, but these people are repeat offenders! 

they find every single way to include their boyfriends in their status updates.

"going out in a while with sayang"
"missing my darling so much. (tags 'dear' in question)*sobs*"
"darling bought me a new bag! I love you so much ______!"
"went for breakfast with dear <3"
"craving for (tags boyfriend she is craving)"

and then these

"there is nothing I wouldn't sacrifice to be with you"
"can't live without (tag), missing you so much baby ♥"
"never been happier with anyone else" ( they say that with every boyfriend, i guess they must be pretty fucking happy now, yeah?)

and there are those who keep posting these on their boyfriends walls too. mushy love messages, telling them how much they miss them, love them, need them. you see your guy everyday kan? then posting links to mushy songs on youtube and tagging their loved one with a "baby this is for you" or "this is our song ♥" and leaving x's and o's or multiple ♥s or "thank you for today ilysm"s 

if you're so thankful and it means so much, wouldn't you be more content talking to each other on the phone? or a text message! why must everyone know? have some self respect, ladies! I actually know this person who mentions her guy (or posts some love related thing) in what, 90% of her status updates. seriously.

I have friends in long term relationships who've never needed to publicize it and are still happy. you're in a happy relationship, we get it. there's no need to go on and on and on as if we don't already know, so please, stfu! it sounds clingy and needy!

I guess this is how Twitter came to be. someone got fed up with obsessive facebook status updaters so they created something so said offenders can satisfy their needs to update by the minute! you can't really complain about friends spamming your Twitter with updates. cos that's a contradiction in itself. 

i can't believe I dedicated an entire blog post to this. lol

2 comments: